I love Greek yogurt, but Fage, my favorite kind, is a bit on the expensive side. For Christmas, my parents got me a yogurt maker (this one from Amazon), but the yogurt that comes out of it isn’t thick like Greek yogurt. So I made myself a yogurt strainer. Here, I’ll show you how.
You’ll need two empty plastic containers like the ones below. It doesn’t really matter what size they are, as long as one of them is shorter than the other.
You’ll also need to make sure the small one fits inside the big one with room to spare, like so.
Take the smaller container and poke holes all over the bottom of it. Use an awl if you have it, or a fork, or the tip of a paring knife. Make lots of holes.
Here’s how the holes will look on the bottom.
And that’s it! The yogurt goes in the small container, and the liquid strains into the larger container underneath.
To use it, put a basket-sized coffee filter (this kind) inside that small holey container like this.
Fill the coffee filter with yogurt, and put the small container inside the large container.
Throw the whole thing in the fridge and let it sit for an hour or two. When it’s done, the yogurt will look like this. Look at the upper whitish line and you’ll see that it’s strained:
Inside the larger container, there’ll be some yellowish liquid. My friend Sarah says it’s very nutritious and you should drink it, but I’ve never been able to do that. It’s too…icky.
Take the coffee filter out of the small container and put the yogurt in a bowl. Make sure you get all of it by grabbing the center of the filter (on the bottom) and squeezing it out.
I like mine with raisins, walnuts and granola! There’s yogurt under there, I promise.
- sl33pysheepy likes this
- dishashah27 likes this
- moveahn likes this
- mrknittle reblogged this from knittingpsycho and added:
- knittingpsycho reblogged this from icouldmakethat
- meowbeastwriggler likes this
- brillianttt326 likes this
- captainbara likes this
- thenicolemeow likes this
- victimesdelamour likes this
- victimesdelamour reblogged this from icouldmakethat
- marilyns-zombie likes this
- matildayates likes this
- fiercefitness24 reblogged this from sakigirl24
- sakigirl24 reblogged this from icouldmakethat
- dreadsarethebomb likes this
- lidiamoreno2 likes this
- moosheg likes this
- the-rizz likes this
- haneko-meow likes this
- rooktime likes this
- girlygirld likes this
- lexaena likes this
- stringsdafistmcgee likes this
- debpool likes this
- whoabones likes this
- thesethingsidoforme likes this
- favoritediyideas reblogged this from icouldmakethat
- chuevahh likes this
- andheartsmonica likes this
- missy-jabby-stuff reblogged this from icouldmakethat
- thatsworthatry reblogged this from icouldmakethat
- iamatotalwreck likes this
- emericky likes this
- bamboszpoetry likes this
- katipeaking likes this
- silveah likes this
- blackinbold likes this
- sisikecz likes this
- icouldmakethat posted this